Starting My Day With Good Vibes




It is my last day of work before I could enjoy the weekend. My mood was a little excited yet stressed because of my whole week's activities. Despite worrying about so many things, I chose to start my day positively. This morning, my husband dropped me in a small grocery store nearby my office to buy breakfast. I greeted the store attendant with a short sentence, "good morning, brother" and that simple greeting made his face lit up and smiled back at me.

The store attendant made a way to reciprocate the good vibes by giving me some biscuits for free after I paid for what I took from his store.  I told him that it is very kind of him to do that, he then replied, "These are for you because you're a good person." - - - Then it just melts my heart 💗

Seeing him from afar before I came in to his store, he looked tired and gloomy, so I decided to just do something which I hoped to encounter if I'm in the same situation. I was not so difficult to do and I hope that it really made his day as much as he made my day.

Just before I was about to leave his store, another customer came in and the store attendant greeted him with such a delight and the customer smiled and greeted him back. A simple good gesture that hopefully become a chain of good vibes to many.

*In a nutshell: A genuine smile and a pleasant greeting is something that is not so hard to do but could mean the world to it's receiver. As what the quote says, "A smile to a stranger could be the only sunshine he see might see in a day." What I did was just a very simple, for some maybe a normal gesture, but I guess you'll never know who really needed that pleasant smile and kind words in a particular moment. Let us not limit spreading a spirit of hope, it won't cost us a penny.


You may also like

No comments: