No Brushes Makeup Challenge



No brushes makeup challenge?! That's easy! ;) Well, that was what I thought so, until I did the challenge. I was thinking, I can do that! I wasn't using brushes or even sponges back in the days I started doing my makeup, it's all in my hands ;) lol

I first saw this challenge done by Nikkie (Nikkie Tutorials) youtube video and then so many others tried the same. I  don't know who originally did the first challenge, but please...... do not dare us again ;) lol

While doing the makeup challenge, I started to realize, what on earth is happening?! It took me more than 5 minutes just to evenly put on my foundation. And I don't feel satisfied at all. I keep on patting my skin every now and then. Contouring seems a little easier than the foundation but it is still a challenge on how to perfectly blend it. Same thing with the concealer. It was very tricky on how to evenly blend everything :(

Ok, I did cheated a little. I used my brow pencil. Anyhow, it is a NO brushes makeup challenge and I did not use any brushes ;) Although a brush could have make a huge difference in defining my brows. Forgive me, I'm tired already :(

Anyhow, doing my eyeshadow was easier. I didn't dare try to put on eyeliner though, because I'm quite sure that it would be a total mess. Well, putting false eyelashes definitely makes a magic ;)

In a nutshell: Thanks to the brush and sponge goddesses for making our life easier! I was still thinking why on earth I had a problem doing this when in fact, I didn't had such brushes and sponges when I started doing my makeup way back then. Then I realized, maybe because, when I got brushes and sponges I became a little too dependent on them since they make an outstanding fine finishing and blending. And by being too dependent on them, I tend to do more, add more and use more products.

I started doing my makeup with just powder and lipstick; then I learned how to roughly do my brows; and then the power of doing my noselines becomes a necessity; then the contouring trend definitely adds magic to my cheeks; then the highlighting comes; then a more define and perfectly arched brows became an obsession; and so on and so forth.... How can you honestly do all those with your bare hands without spending half day facing your vanity mirror???!

Anyhow, this was a fun challenge and definitely something that I wouldn't try again. Hahaha :)
Here are what I used in this challenge ;)



  • Primer - Maxfactor All Day Facefinity
  • Bourjois Air Mat Foundation (#05 Golden Beige)
  • Wet ‘n’ Wild CoverAll Liquid Concealer Wand (Medium)
  • NYX Contour, Color Corrector and Concealer (3CP03 - Deep/Profound)
  • Maybelline - FIT Me Shine Free Foundation Stick - Coconut #355
  • Marks & Spencer Loose Powder
  • elf Cosmetics Cool Bronzer 
  • NYX Liquid Illuminator (Gleam)
  • Anastasia Brow Wiz (Medium Brown)
  • Eye Shadow - Neutral Palette Coastal Scents
  • Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte lipstick (Razzberry)















You may also like

No comments: